Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Senior Logistics Development Specialist
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Logistics Development Specialist in our Product Life Cycle Sustainment group located in Rancho Bernardo CA. This position is responsible for participating in the planning and administration of integrated logistics strategies processes and tools.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following standard policies and procedures contributes to the support of customer requirements and objectives to ensure projects are achieved within budget and on schedule.
- Participates in continuous improvement of standard logistics processes such as the iterative process of supportability analysis to influence system design and development in the areas of maintenance troubleshooting personnel training technical manuals facilities support equipment operation and disposal/recycling.
- Also supports logistics planning and database development processes product support and replenishment system product support data interchange systems demand management and related functions.
- May participate in building relationships with customers through logistics initiatives integrating learning from customers competitors other industries industry groups and professional training to continuously improve competitive position.
- Participates in planning logistics strategies and establishing standard logistics processes and tools.
- Coordinates logistics activities for selected projects to develop and implement solutions that account for tradeoffs in component/system design repair capability training demand history statistical distributions and queuing theory.
- Contributes to the development of logistics analysis products and documents.
- Performs research evaluation and analysis to assist with the development of complete integrated logistics support programs.
- Compiles and evaluates test data to assist in determining appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications.
- Participates in projects involving definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in the processing or development of new or improved processes to improve life cycle support costs.
- Identifies logistics issues and participates in developing solutions to a variety of moderately complex logistics problems while referring to standard policies procedures and practices to optimize costs and system performance requirements.
- May participate in progress planning and review sessions to discuss costs schedule and technical performance.
- May contribute to contract negotiations and contract modifications.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree and six or more years of progressive logistics management experience. Equivalent applicable experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of logistics management concepts and principles and have proven experience broadly applying those concepts.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately in an evolving environment; (2) the ability to identify issues analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex logistics issues including logistics management information reliability and maintainability and life-cycle support activities; (3) excellent analytical verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and present findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties; (4) excellent interpersonal skills; and (5) excellent computer and documentation skills.
- May lead a team of professional employees on assigned aspects of project(s).
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required
- Experience with I or O level maintenance on Aircraft or Helicopters is desired.
- Experience with databases to include SLICWave or Eagle is desired.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Senior Logistics Development Specialist job at General Atomics
Apply for this Senior Logistics Development Specialist position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.