Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Jr Software Developer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a junior Software Developer to join our GA-ASI: Mission Systems Division directly supporting the Ops Center group in Rancho Bernard CA.
In this role the ideal candidate will be able to design develop and/or modify enterprise-wide end-user system level and data management software applications.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Involved in planning of application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards on specific programs or projects.
- Communicates with domain experts outside customers users and management throughout the software development lifecycle.
- This position will include Windows application development for sensor management software throughout the software life-cycle.
- Programming duties shall include development of integrating new sensors (e.g. EO/IR radar) implementing user interfaces and interfaces to other systems.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in computer science information systems or related discipline.
- Must have a basic understanding of software development concepts principles and theory and demonstrate the ability to follow and apply basic use of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must be adaptable and have self-initiative.
- Familiarity of OO (Object Oriented) concept is required.
- Programming experience using C++ C# MSSQL database and application development in Windows OS environment is a plus.
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope.
- Software development includes enduser system level and data management applications.
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining language platform and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding testing and documentation.
- Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; responsible for documentation testing maintenance and software updates.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross-platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group with users and with management as well as with the wider community.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance. (Clearance requires U.S. Citizenship no criminal or credit issues.)
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Jr Software Developer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Jr Software Developer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.