Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Project Manager Capital Fleet Production
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the operational aspects of one or more project(s) within GA-ASIA¢a,¬a¢s Company Owned Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Fleet. Serves as a liaison between the Program Management Office (PMO) Leasing Services/Training Center (LSTC) business area and the project team; planning; engineering; line management; and flight operations on issues such as operational budgeting and scheduling concerns. Continually reviews status of project(s) and budgets to ensure project(s) are completed on time and within budget. Assesses project issues and develops solutions to meet production quality and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives. Serves as FOF on-site presence for LSTC business area. May accomplish tasks through subordinate staff and/or management. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project management line management and the customer. Responsible for decisions which have an impact on outcomes and where failure to complete assignments will typically result in serious delays and expenditure of additional resources. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create project plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule budget quality and specification goals are attained.
- Oversee and monitor project schedule timelines and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Manage final Flight Operations Facility (FOF) integration and functional checkout of production builds for major company owned end items such as UAVs and GCS.
- Provide coverage for LSTC driven efforts requiring on-site FOF presence to include daily coordination and shift pass down meetings (e.g. IRAD ground/flight tests Company Owned/Company Operated (COCO) integrations/ops checks etc.) and work scheduling meetings.
- Liaison with FOF in support of all LSTC sponsored continuous process improvement (CPI) initiatives (e.g. electronic logbook implementation technical publication development etc.).
- Work to standardize communications drumbeats and coordination protocols between FOF and Company Owned Fleet PM.
- Assign and monitor work of project management staff providing technical support and direction when necessary.
- Interpret and administer policies processes and procedures that impact project(s).
- Develop and deliver progress reports proposals requirements documentation and presentations.
- Collaborate across management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop solutions to meet productivity quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership direction and guidance to employees working on assigned project. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- May be required to interpret and administer policies and procedures that impact project(s).
- May participate in lead segments of or provide overall management for the request for proposal (RFP) process to generate new business.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least five of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of project management processes and procedures planning and scheduling methods and budget management as well as the ability to organize schedule and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to initiate plan and manage projects; (2) the ability to identify issues analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of non-routine matters of diverse scope and nature; (3) strong analytical communication documentation presentation and interpersonal skills; and (4) the ability to work independently and lead in a team environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Project Manager Capital Fleet Production job at General Atomics
Apply for this Project Manager Capital Fleet Production position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.