Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Sr Software Test Analyst
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Software Test Analyst to join the GA-ASI: Mission Systems division directly supporting the Software Test group here in Rancho Bernardo CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify and validate requirements for multiple software and hardware products throughout the software life cycle.
- Produce test plans test procedures and test reports for the associated test activities. In some cases the test documentation will only require updates and maintenance as part of existing or similar programs.
- Attend regular project meetings as a test representative to provide inputs and feedback on project related activities.
- Communicate status risks or concerns to project engineers and other important project stakeholders for complete project visibility. The candidate will also need to regularly communicate with software and systems engineers to provide feedback on work products from those groups as well as ensure that there is a clear understanding of the scope of work that will be tested as part of the V&V process. This includes the communication of issues that are discovered in the V&V phase.
- Write clear and executable test procedures and be able to use simulation tools inside an established framework.
- Constant dedication to improve software testing in an ever changing environment.
- Conduct software inspection testing verification and validation.
- Review software design and change specifications to ensure software testing measures meet acceptable reliability standards and program objectives.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in computer science information systems or a related discipline and fourteen or more years of professional software quality analyst experience. Equivalent professional quality analyst experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a detailed and extensive understanding of software quality analysis concepts theory and operations.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences which may include senior management and senior representatives; and (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide other employees and managers.
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with software and systems engineers to meet common objectives.
- Previous experience using Microsoft Visual Studio and TFS is desired.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Test Manager is desired.
- Previous experience with unit or automated testing and test development is desired.
- Previous experience working with the Department of Defense (DOD) on airborne payloads such as Radar Electronic Warfare or Electro-Optical systems is desired.
- Previous experience with one or more of the following programming languages is desired: C C++ C# XML.
- Previous experience with updating and streamlining test processes is desired.
- An understanding of software development within a multi-tiered project environment is desired.
- Knowledge of mission planning concepts and existing mission planning systems is desired.
- DOORS experience is desired.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required. (Requires U.S. Citizenship and no criminal or credit issues.)
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Sr Software Test Analyst job at General Atomics
Apply for this Sr Software Test Analyst position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.