Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Machine Shop Supervisor
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors superconducting and conventional rotating motors power inverters high-energy capacitors radiation monitoring systems high-voltage direct current power distribution systems and numerous other products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Machine Shop Supervisor in Tupelo Mississippi. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a machining and/or sheet metal department. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises machinists fabricators and/or technicians through all phases of production in accordance with established schedules.
- Plans and directs subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines procedures and policies and offers guidance and coaching to manufacturing personnel.
- Participates with management in developing/updating operating procedures and training programs and participates in the selection retention and development of staff.
- Develops up to date accurate documentation and reports to reflect machine shop activities.
- Participates in designing and building tooling needed for the production process.
- Manages and directs the activities of the machining and sheet metal function and other areas as assigned.
- Reviews engineering drawings and production planning for conformance in all mechanical manufacturing departments.
- Applies knowledge of production planning scheduling of workload tooling requirements and machine maintenance to ensure a smooth flow of work through the departments.
- Evaluates and determines staffing requirements and technical capabilities of personnel within the function.
- Participates in the selection retention and development of personnel including interviewing performance appraisals and promotion recommendations.
- Develops programs and procedures for the training of personnel.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of an Associates degree and eleven or more years progressively complex experience in machining and/or related field including five or more years supervisory experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an in-depth working knowledge and a complete understanding of machine shop principles concepts regulations and practices; and leadership skills including organizing planning scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve difficult issues.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and present findings.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees including providing direction to and scheduling work of assigned staff.
- Must have the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Machine Shop Supervisor job at General Atomics
Apply for this Machine Shop Supervisor position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.