Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Sr Program Manager
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Program Manager to join our GA-ASI: Mission Systems division directly supporting the Advanced Sensors and Payload group in Rancho Bernardo CA. GA-ASI is rapidly expanding DOD and International market offerings that address Maritime Operations Information Dominance and Long Range Reconnaissance. Anticipate 200% growth the next 2-3 years. An ideal candidate would have operational knowledge of Maritime doctrine and Naval systems enjoy building long term business relations and creating opportunities leadership excellence and capability to communicate vision to upper level leadership.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position typically is responsible for the planning managing and technical performance of one or more established engineering program(s) contained at a single location.
- Directs all phases of program(s) from initiation through delivery.
- Responsible for program(s) which represent moderate future growth in distinct products or components.
- Applies established technologies that require advanced principles theories concepts and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Develop Business Portfolio for Maritime Operations that impact MQ-25 MQ-9 and Guardian.
- Participate in or provide overall management for the proposal process to generate new business.
- Interface with Subcontractor/customer organizations on a regular basis.
- Create program plans and manage resources to ensure program schedule budget quality and specification goals are attained.
- Oversee and monitor program schedule timelines and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Coordinate departmental cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Assign and monitor work of subcontractor providing technical support and direction when necessary.
- Interpret and administer policies processes and procedures that impact programs.
- Develop and deliver progress reports requirements documentation and presentations.
- Identify and assess program issues and develop solutions to meet productivity quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership direction and guidance to employees working on assigned program. Effectively communicate program expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Typically requires a Bachelors Masters or PhD in engineering science or a related technical field as well as thirteen or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least seven of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates extensive technical expertise and application of program management principles concepts and practice as well as comprehensive program management and leadership skills including organizing planning scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must have experience with: International Business Development Technical Development Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills Milestone B and LRIP Delivery track record Full Rate Production EVM experience along with Contract/subcontract SOW FMS and ITAR knowledge.
- Desired experience includes: Naval C4ISR Knowledge ASW and Long Range Patrol Operations Communications and Weapons Knowledge.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOD Security Clearance.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Sr Program Manager job at General Atomics
Apply for this Sr Program Manager position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.