Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
SA P BASIS Administrator
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an SAP Basis Administrator to join our SAP BASIS and Database team in San Diego CA. Under the general guidance of the SAP Basis and Database Manager this position will be responsible for the following: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- SAP Basis administration and technical core competencies tasks including SAP and Oracle software installation and configuration upgrade applying Support Packages and installation of add-on software components.
- Maintaining SAP -ECC BW SNC PI SLD Portal ChaRM and Solution manager systems with dual stack and ECC and BW HANA systems.
- Executing daily operational activities related to the SAP environment including; object transports setup/configuration operational SAP monitoring troubleshooting and error handling performance/tuning and problem determination/resolution.
- UNIX scripting database creations migrations system sizing systems configurations storage management database backups recovery and DR for SAP systems.
- AIX administration and building high availability of SAP systems (fail-over disaster recovery etc.).
- Maintaining interfaces to 3rd party technologies such as BSI Taxfactory Sabrix OneSource TAX Adobe Forms Rightfax Tidal job scheduler Loadrunner and other bolt-ons.
- As required providing direction to less experienced or other professional SAP Basis Infrastructure staff.
- Observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelorA¢a,¬a¢s degree in information technology or related field and five or more years of progressive experience in Basis module or SAP script and operating systems and relational databases. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of SAP Basis Infrastructure principles theories concepts and techniques.
- Must have excellent organizational skills including planning scheduling and coordinating work assignments to meet established completion dates.
- Must be able to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused involved in long-term trend and emerging requirement analysis with a strong conceptual understanding of enterprise-wide software.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to identify issues analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of complex technical problems; (2) excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with others; and (4) excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: None
SA P BASIS Administrator job at General Atomics
Apply for this SA P BASIS Administrator position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.