Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
ECS Bleed Air and Ice Protection System Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Environment Control Systems (ECS) and Ice Protection Engineer within Naval Aircraft Programs at GA-ASI.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop ECS/ Bleed Air Ice Protection Systems requirements and architecture including aircraft heating cooling defog air filtration and ventilation requirements.
- Develop engine start ducting de-ice ducting leak detection and Bleed Air control architecture requirements and architecture. Develop high-pressure ducting requirements associated with bleed air and de-ice systems.
- Conduct design and analysis of the ECS and Bleed Air Ducting and integrating them into the aircraft in coordination with interfacing systems.
- Manage supplier development and qualification efforts
- System design requirements management systems specifications interface management system safety assessment verification and validation testing aircraft flight test and aircraft/system qualification and certification
- Develop innovative but practical solutions to advanced technical problems in engineering.
- Provide focal point for technical communication within the Company management and represent the Company as the prime technical contact to customers and/or government regulatory agencies.
- Present reports at engineering meetings participate in program reviews and consult on problems.
- Provide expert guidance and consulting to other staff members working on difficult engineering problems.
- Anticipate future engineering needs and the modifications required to accomplish technical goals.
- Address complex and difficult technical issues requiring novel and highly creative approaches drawing on advanced engineering concepts.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree ten or more years of experience with a masters degree or seven or more years with a PhD.
- Extensive experience with ECS and Bleed Air systems integration development and testing.
- Familiarity with various types of ECS and Bleed Air hardware.
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-160 MIL-STD-810 and military and industry standards for ECS and Bleed Air Ducting Design.
- Experience with creation of system specifications requirements traceability and verification. Preferred experience with JAMA and DOORS.
- Experience with Generation of Qualification and Test plans
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
ECS Bleed Air and Ice Protection System Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this ECS Bleed Air and Ice Protection System Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.