Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Inspector within our ASI Division in Adelanto California.
Under limited supervision this position is responsible for inspecting a wide variety of parts assemblies tooling fixtures and material to ensure compliance with customer requirements company specifications and quality requirements. Verify set ups inspects and tests new and reworked tools dies gauges jigs and fixtures for conformance to engineering drawings and specifications. Maintains processes and compiles a variety of confidential and sensitive electronic and hard copy reports records and statistics. Assignments are typically non-routine where judgment and assessment are required to resolve moderately complex issues. May conduct inspections at customer or vendor sites.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and performs detailed inspections of mechanical metal and composite materials parts and assemblies using precision measuring equipment such as calipers micrometers dial indicators depth gages optical comparators and height gages.
- Performs First Article Inspections (FAI) and generates FAI reports.
- Performs in-process and final inspections.
- Conducts process audits and area surveillance as directed by supervision.
- Performs supplier source inspection when required.
- Experience with fasteners installation and inspection requirements.
- Experience with operating Faro Arm and Laser Tracking inspection equipment using Polyworks and Verisurf programs.
- Clearly presents written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering requirements.
- May interact with and provide responses to company management and customer Quality Assurance representatives during audits and review of Company inspection and calibration activities.
- Record accurate and concise descriptions of nonconforming conditions identified during inspection of product utilizing computer applications and databases.
- Proficient in interpreting mechanical drawings and specifications.
- May interact with and provide responses to regulatory agencies and customers during their audits.
- May coordinate the procurement of standard materials services and parts for inspections.
- Performs and coordinates calibration activity related to mechanical inspection equipment.
- Requires an extensive knowledge of inspection procedures processes devices and aids in a manufacturing environment as well as a wide and comprehensive knowledge of inspection concepts and principles including the ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings specifications procedures and manuals.
- Typically requires an associates degree trade school certificate military training or equivalent in quality inspections or certification by a professional group such as ASQ or AWS and one or more years of progressive experience in electrical mechanical electromechanical or metrology inspection and calibration. May substitute additional experience in lieu of formal education and training.
- Must possess: (1) ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications and perform mathematical computations; (2) good communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees including management; (3) ability to interpret complex information and respond to a variety of complex issues; (4) ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and (5) good computer skills; (6) Experience operating Faro Arm and Laser Tracking inspection equipment; (7) Experience in Systems Application Products (SAP) is desirable. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Must be able to adapt to various working conditions.
- Experience with AS9100 and ISO 9001 DOE quality assurance program requirements are desirable.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Quality Inspector job at General Atomics
Apply for this Quality Inspector position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.