Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Continuous Improvement Senior Project Manager
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
The charter of the Operational Excellence department is to align GA-ASI automated and non-automated business processes to its business strategy in order to achieve targeted results leading to effective overall performance through improvements of specific work activities whether within a specific department between ASI organizations or across the enterprise. Specifically the department is responsible for: (1) Strategic and Organizational Alignment; (2) Business Analytics; (3) Continuous Improvements across GA-ASI.
This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of the Operational Excellence department. The position will be responsible for the development and implementation of GA-ASI continuous improvements initiatives.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and fifteen or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least nine of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education
- MBA preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification plus demonstrated experience preferred
- Knowledge of GA-ASI organizations processes and products preferred
- Must have strong technical and systems engineering background and experience with cradle-to-grave phases of the defense acquisition lifecycle
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite such as Word Excel PowerPoint Project and Visio. Knowledge of statistical techniques and software such as MiniTab is preferred
- Must have strong leadership skills independent and unbiased capable of quickly gaining trust and loyalty and inspiring/coaching others toward achievements while developing positive and effective working relationships with superiors subordinates peers customers and others
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to present influence and collaborate at the leadership level
- Must be an effective team player with excellent coaching skills and the ability to encourage and motivate others to be successful
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills and excel in analyzing relevant and essential facts
- Must be able to multi-task and adapt to a quick changing environment
- Must display eagerness to investigate and the ability to make sound decisions when faced with multi-faceted problems by effectively weighing risks uncertainties and assumptions
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Continuous Improvement Senior Project Manager job at General Atomics
Apply for this Continuous Improvement Senior Project Manager position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.