Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under minimal supervision this position performs a variety of specialized activities in support of functional areas such as finance purchasing or human resources or for one or more project/business/technical units. Maintains processes reviews compiles and analyzes variety of electronic and hard copy reports records statistics timelines tables correspondence and presentations which may be confidential and sensitive in nature and which requires considerable use of tact and discretion in handling. May design processes to enhance workflow and develop and make presentations. Provides data and information and determines appropriate action on requests from all levels of employees customers vendors and other authorized parties and/or agencies. Has frequent contact with management and representatives of outside organizations and may be a contact point for outside organizations. May provide direction and guidance to less experienced staff. Assignments are complex in nature where judgment is required in analyzing interpreting and making recommendations in resolving non-routine issues.
- Coordinates the activities of one or more functional areas or one or more project/business/technical units.
- Gathers collects records tracks verifies data and information from multiple sources.
- Coordinates tracks and reports on the progress of unit work assignments and/or projects.
- Maintains develops and updates a variety of electronic and/or hard copy reports and records which may be confidential and sensitive in nature for a variety of parties which require independent interaction with management customers vendors or agencies.
- Responds to a variety of verbal and written requests for information from internal sources and may respond to verbal and written requests for information from authorized external parties and/or agencies.
- Assimilates data and prepares requested electronic and hard copy reports and presentations.
- May provide direction and guidance to less experienced staff and may make presentations to internal and external parties.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Knowledge of SAP and SharePoint preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and six or more years experience in a field related to the specialized functional area or unit where assigned. Must demonstrate an extensive in-depth understanding of assigned functional area principles theories and concepts.
- The ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent organization skills and ability to establish priorities
- The ability to identify issues interpret and explain complex information and solve non-routine problems issues or situations that require evaluation and interpretation
- Strong analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and interface effectively with all levels of personnel including management customers and vendors
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable policies and procedures as well as a complete understanding of relevant regulations
- Extensive knowledge of computer operations and applications. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Department Specialist job at General Atomics
Apply for this Department Specialist position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.