Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet space systems and satellites missile defense power and energy and process and monitoring applications for defense industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a temporary Project Engineer to join our Electromagnetics team located in Rancho Bernardo CA.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing construction/manufacturing engineering support to GA EMS programs/projects such as CVN 79 EMALS/AAG production CVN 80 EMALS/AAG LLTM JCTS and RALS high voltage capacitors radiation monitoring systems and Gulftronic separator systems.
- Utilizes extensive knowledge and application of manufacturing and construction techniques to facilitate on-time delivery of contract deliverables.
- Utilizes knowledge of production planning scheduling budgeting and performance measurement systems (and their respective applications) to support the Control Account Manager(s).
- Reads and understands contractual documents to implement solutions that meet all requirements across multiple programs.
- Organizes and clearly communicates technical issues and solutions in verbal and written formats.
- Effectively uses MS Office and Project applications to execute daily work activities.
- Performs hand calculations to justify solutions to technical issues.
- Generates and executes plans for on-time production deliveries.
- Coordinates delivery schedule of raw materials subassemblies and required manufacturing/quality documentation from vendors.
- Monitors and reports on progress of material and manufactured parts availability.
- Identifies issues in engineering and manufacturing and utilizes functional resources (such as design quality and procurement) for resolution.
- Works with the quality department to ensure adequate controls are in place and all necessary documentation is generated and archived to support product delivery.
- Reviews engineering specifications and drawings.
- Confers across functional areas to provide and obtain technical information.
- Assists in and/or monitors the design and development process by coordinating between various engineering and manufacturing departments.
- Monitors and analyzes open engineering issues affecting purchase orders.
- Alerts planning department to open engineering issues that may affect manufacturing.
- Generates shop order travelers and work instructions for production rework or repair procedures.
- Uses enterprise tools such as SAP and Windchill to process quality notification and purchase requisitions.
- Travels to suppliers and manufacturing facility as needed to expedite production progress.
- May conduct periodic program engineering/manufacturing planning meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts principles and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- An EIT (Engineer in Training) certificate is desirable.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Project Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Project Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.