Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Obsolescence DMSMS Project Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Obsolescence / DMSMS Project Engineer on our Sustaining Engineering Team in Poway CA.
With limited direction this position exercises considerable latitude for initiating developing and implementing designs procedures and strategies for the mitigation of advanced technical engineering problems. This position will coordinate with GA-ASIs Engineering Disciplines as well as Customer organizations to develop and implement mitigation strategies to system level obsolescence issues experienced by GA-ASIA¢a,¬a¢s Unmanned Aerial Systems. The Candidate will develop and present Business Case Analyses develop resolution proposals and execute mitigation programs to ensure the continued supportability and viability of the systems. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of broad specifications objectives possible results anticipated and critical reference points requiring special attention. Guides the successful resolution of engineering problems serves as a consulting resource of engineering knowledge applies the latest technological advancements to the problem and may function in a project leadership role. Documents findings communicates results to engineering staff makes technical presentations and may represent the organization as the prime technical contact on small identifiable projects. Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop innovative but practical solutions to advanced technical problems in engineering as the Project Engineering representative on the GA-ASI Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) IPT.
- Proactive technical collaboration and coordination with the DMSMS Group to develop engineering solutions to obsolescence issues across all GA-ASI platforms.
- Be the focal point for technical communication within the Company management and may represent the Company as the prime technical contact to customers and/or government regulatory agencies with respect to DMSMS issues.
- Anticipate future engineering needs and the modifications required to accomplish technical goals to avoid any customer interruption of mission capability or sortie rate generation (MICAP) due to DMSMS.
- Perform analysis regarding the potential impacts of pending obsolescence on customer operations and supply chain / logistics management.
- Present report(s) at engineering meetings participates in program reviews and consults on problems.
- Provide expert guidance and consulting to other staff members working on difficult engineering problems.
- Address complex and difficult technical issues requiring novel and highly creative approaches drawing on advanced engineering concepts.
- May assume technical and engineering responsibility of the success of an identifiable project.
- Direct activities of design or technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelorA¢a,¬a¢s degree masterA¢a,¬a¢s degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelorA¢a,¬a¢s degree two or more years of experience with a masterA¢a,¬a¢s degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates solid technical expertise and application of engineering principles concepts theory and practice with the ability to organize plan schedule conduct and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment. Strong communication presentation and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments and/or professionals and capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact as well as providing leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Customer focused formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering problems.
- A Professional Engineering License original work(s) published in professional engineering journals and invited to present one or more original works to an engineering symposium are desirable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Obsolescence DMSMS Project Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Obsolescence DMSMS Project Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.