Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Configuration Management Specialist
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Configuration Management Specialist to join our Configuration Special Projects Group.
Under general supervision this position coordinates and administers assigned configuration management activities relative to Item Unique Identification (IUID) product identification control and accounting for systems and/or equipment in accordance with contractual requirements in the GA-ASI Production environment. Monitors procedures for assigned organization and recommends changes to procedural documents for assigned programs to ensure and enhance contractual compliance. Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Reviews released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering quality support manufacturing and engineering data control activities.Essential Functions
- Administers configuration management activities related to IUID product identification control and accounting for systems and/or equipment in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Maintains procedures to implement and processes procedural documents for all assigned projects to ensure compliance with policies and scheduling requirements.
- Reviews work project notifications to assure the accuracy of current contractual reporting requirements.
- Participates on department project teams to support the development and implementation of compliance enhancement solutions.
- May participate in change control meetings.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
- Familiar with MIL-STD-130 a plus
- SAP experience in Production (P2D)
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business administration engineering or related discipline and three or more years of progressive government or commercial configuration management experience. Equivalent professional government or commercial configuration management experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of configuration management concepts and principles related governmental rules and regulations and experience demonstrating a general application of those concepts and principles.
- Must possess: ability to participate in the development of new concepts and communicate and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organization skills to coordinate work phases; ability to determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level and provide solutions to moderately complex problems; good communication documentation presentation and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Configuration Management Specialist job at General Atomics
Apply for this Configuration Management Specialist position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.