Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Mechanical Assembly Supervisor
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Assembly Supervisor to join our Manufacturing department within GA-ASI located in Poway CA.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position develops schedules and implements work activities for Mechanical Assembly. This team falls within the Mechanical Manufacturing group under the Manufacturing Department. Coordinates day to day activities including personnel supervision work assignments and coordination of the product flow through the production phase.
- 1. Supervises Assemblers and Technicians in various locations through Mechanical Assembly phase of production in accordance with established schedules. Offers guidance and coaching to manufacturing personnel.
- 2. Examines defective equipment to determine cause of malfunction and reports need for repairs. Assists test department with expeditious turnaround of repairs as required.
- 3. Assists engineering staff to resolve design and documentation issues. Interfaces with planning personnel in the generation of process flows as well as with quality assurance personnel.
- 4. Analyzes work orders and blueprints to determine information such as material to be used type of operations and sequence of operations required. Monitors usage and supply of all production materials and tooling; reorders when necessary. Interfaces with production control to help prevent material and equipment shortages.
- 5. Formulates and recommends plans policies procedures and schedules for the section. Seeks methods to improve product quality repeatability and efficiency. Schedules and coordinates work assignments. Ensures accurate time charging. Inspects work in progress and finished products.
- 6. Recommends measures to improve production methods equipment performance and quality of product. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the departments.
- 7. May interface with outside vendors and sales representatives to stay current on new products and services. May interface with customers to answer questions relating to the product.
- 8. Participates in hiring promoting and training subordinate employees. Assigns directs and reviews their work.
- 9. Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work and lead the workplace in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- 10. Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree and nine or more years of progressive professional experience in a related technical field with at least three of those years in a supervisory capacity. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive technical understanding of production and assembly concepts and practices with the ability to organize schedule and coordinate workloads and staff to meet established milestones.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- (1) the ability to identify issues analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex matters of diverse scope and nature;
- (2) excellent analytical verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and present findings to a variety of audiences including management and outside representatives;
- (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees and external representatives;
- (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information;
- (5) the ability to represent the company on external projects; and
- (6) strong computer skills.
- (7) the ability to work extended hours and travel is required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Mechanical Assembly Supervisor job at General Atomics
Apply for this Mechanical Assembly Supervisor position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.