Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Staff Engineer Software Development Quality
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity to work as an Engineer in the Software Engineering group out of our location in Poway CA.
With limited direction this position develops performs and documents the implementation and evaluation of software quality assurance programs and systems on one or more mid-size to large projects. Develops goals and measures for the monitoring and improvement of software development quality. Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting software quality standards and government regulations. Collaborates with software engineering to ensure quality standards are in place. Works on moderately complex and diverse problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Identifies and recommends software design changes and enhancements.
- Determines technical objectives for quality assurance as well as approaches to completing projects.
- Creates or recommends software development process changes to improve products and reduce costs.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting testing and evaluating the quality of software systems
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Develop goals and measures for the monitoring and improvement of software development quality.
- Manage the data integrity associated with software development quality measures.
- May prepare statistical analysis reports specifications and other technical documents.
- Interprets and adapts quality standards and government regulations.
- Acts as company contact with customers and regulatory personnel to resolve quality issues. Delivers technical presentations.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelors degree seven or more years of experience with a masters degree or four or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of software development concepts principles languages and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas; capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact and lead a team of moderately experienced professional employees on single component projects.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Software development and quality assurance experience preferred
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Staff Engineer Software Development Quality job at General Atomics
Apply for this Staff Engineer Software Development Quality position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.