Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Technical Writer Editor
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
| General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.|
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors superconducting and conventional rotating motors power inverters high-energy capacitors radiation monitoring systems high-voltage direct current power distribution systems and numerous other products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer/Editor for our Business Operation Group located in Rancho Bernardo. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional well-rounded writer and communicator possess strong troubleshooting skills be adaptable in a fast-paced environment have a perpetual desire to learn eager to work in a team setting self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Responsible for planning organizing writing and editing and formatting a variety of technical documents such as specifications procedures reports technical manuals work instructions and business instructions for both internal and external customers.
- Ensures final materials clearly and effectively communicate the technical information and data to appropriate audiences; ensures documents are developed in accordance with the requested specifications; collects and accumulates appropriate technical information through researching and analyzing technical data and other documentation and by interviewing technical subject matter experts.
- Plans coordinates and leads efforts of a small team to complete a project.
- Researches documents and develops detailed user guides maintenance procedures specifications and other procedures and reports.
- Collects and accumulates appropriate technical information through researching and analyzing technical data and publications engineering drawings test procedures design specifications/documentation software description documents engineering documents and by interviewing technical experts.
- Ensures documents are developed in accordance with the requested specifications and contractual requirements including development of any necessary illustrations photographs or other graphic representations.
- Ensures final materials clearly and effectively communicate the technical information and data.
- Coordinates technical document reviews maintains team log and provides status updates as necessary.
- May plan coordinate and lead efforts of a small team to complete a project.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of an associates degree in a related discipline and six or more years progressive experience in a technical field. May substitute equivalent professional experience in lieu of education/training.
- Must have strong working knowledge of the development of technical manuals and documentation and strong working knowledge of computer-based tools in the production of technical documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including mastery of English language grammar structure and punctuation and the ability to write complete concise and accurate content.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail.
- Organized and able to multi-task work with minimal supervision take initiative and solve problems.
- Interview and interact comfortably with colleagues of all levels.
- Preform editorial formatting and proofreading tasks under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have highly effective time management skills including the ability to set and manage multiple deadlines anticipate issues and escalate potential problems as needed.
- Extensive experience working on technical documentation using Microsoft Word (2013 or higher) including a robust understanding of template application styles content control other advanced features and their proper use.
- Experience creating and managing custom document templates and forms.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information is a must.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Experience working with lifecycle program management tools such as Windchill a plus.
- Familiarity with content control database creation and data reuse a plus.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: None
Technical Writer Editor job at General Atomics
Apply for this Technical Writer Editor position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.