Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
The Application Administration team manages the installation configuration and maintenance of General Atomics COTS applications. We work with our end user customers vendors and other IT departments to maintain the applications to provide our users with the tools necessary to complete their jobs efficiently and effectively. The applications we manage support all areas of General Atomics business.
We have a need for an Applications Administrator to join our Applications Administration team in San Diego CA. Reporting to the Manager - Applications Administration this position will responsible for the following:DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the preliminary analysis of software solutions with Business Analysts business stakeholders and vendors to provide feedback and recommendations on solution architecture identify constrains and assist with establishing the technical feasibility for meeting business requirements and objectives.
- Works closely with infrastructure teams to identify and attain required platforms for deployment planning of COTS applications. i.e. Server model / OS / Database / Network devices.
- Establishes the application architecture topology and executes the installation configuration tuning and maintenance of purchased applications or application frameworks as planned.
- Coordinates with business end users for testing and installing new software releases and application system upgrades.
- Assists with monitoring and fine-tuning the application system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Maintains documentation and department database of application assets.
- Assists with application system problem resolution by working with application developers vendors and internal infrastructure team members to troubleshoot.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of internal and external stakeholders including customers and vendors.
- Collaborates and works with cross-functional teams.
- Produces high quality work in a short period of time with little supervision.
- Must be able to perform some afterhours work as well as occasional support of other maintenance activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in Information Technology or a related discipline and six or more years of progressive professional IT experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Advanced knowledge of application deployment and management on Windows Server Unix Solaris and RedHat Linux operating systems.
- Experience installing configuring and troubleshooting applications.
- Working knowledge of Web Services and technologies such as Windows Server IIS Apache Tomcat SSL configurations.
- Basic knowledge of MS SQL and Oracle database platforms and experience executing vendor provided database deployment installers or scripts. Familiarity of MS SQL Management Studio and SQL Developer a plus.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking and Windows Active Directory domain resources.
- Familiarity with JVM/JRE application environments; using Citrix integration for thin client application presentation.
- Familiarity with application integration features such as XML Webservices import/export services.
- Familiarity with application High Availability architecture a plus (load balancing failover).
- Familiarity with network appliances as used by business application configurations such as load balancers proxies and Firewalls.
- Experience with monitoring tools is a plus.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of applications administration principles theories concepts and techniques.
- Must have experience organizing planning scheduling conducting and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent analytical verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling an effective interface with other professionals; and (4) excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently or in a cross-functional team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: None
Applications Administrator job at General Atomics
Apply for this Applications Administrator position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.