Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Airworthiness Engineer Landing Gear
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the duties of a Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) as defined by EASA to validate the airworthiness of Mechanical Engineering designs with primary emphasis in Landing Gear servos and mechanical actuators.
- Approve subsystem certification plans to ensure that the compliance approach and Means of Compliance (MoC) are correct.
- Review and approve engineering drawings to validate that the design is in compliance with applicable airworthiness code.
- Review and approve airworthiness substantiation data including analysis similarity arguments test plans and test reports.
- Witness testing as the qualified airworthiness representative.
- Participate in engineering design reviews to provide airworthiness input.
- Provide airworthiness guidance to design engineers.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelors degree seven or more years of experience with a masters degree or four or more years with a PhD.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of experience working with Landing Gear servos and mechanical actuators to be confirmed as a Compliance Verification Engineer.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a tem; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Able to travel to witness tests as required.
- Strong working knowledge of airworthiness requirements such as MIL-HDBK-516 Federal Aviation Requirements (FAR 23 25 33 35) EASA requirements and/or NATO STANAG 4671.
- Familiarity with the Joint Service Specification Guides (JSSG).
- Familiarity with the Validation and Verification activities Compliance Plans and Certification Basis activities.
- Self-Starter able to work independently and responsively to address and close issues quickly.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Airworthiness Engineer Landing Gear job at General Atomics
Apply for this Airworthiness Engineer Landing Gear position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.