Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a PC Support Technician within our ASI Division.
Under general direction this position provides technical support for the installation repair and preventive maintenance of personal computers and related systems including a variety of peripheral devices. Performs moderately complex installations upgrades and backups of software and hardware applications. Determines the method and procedure for resolving routine software and hardware failures. May identify network issues that relate to personal computers. Provides technical information prioritizes and determines appropriate action on routine request from all levels of employees. Prepares and maintains various electronic and hard copy reports and logs.DUTIES& RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general direction with instructions for new work or special assignments installs repairs and performs preventive maintenance on a variety of moderately complex personal computers and peripheral devices.
- Sets up and tests personal computer systems peripherals and software including operating systems.
- Provides general hardware and software support for users provides user training and guides users having difficulty with personal computers peripherals or software.
- Performs routine diagnosis on failed equipment and software and coordinates repairs. Identifies and reports network issues. Interfaces with vendors to resolve hardware/software issues.
- Prepares and maintains electronic and hard reports and logs including purchase orders and equipment inventories.
- May work the help desk and provide telephone support or arrange for service for trouble calls.
- May use a vehicle to pick up or deliver hardware and software.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires an Associates degree in a related field and four or more years of related experience.
- May substitute a certificate in information technology from a recognized organization and equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of department policies and procedures and a broad understanding of current personal computers relevant operating systems and associated peripheral equipment.
- Must be customer focused and demonstrate the ability: to resolve moderately complex technical situations; communicate and interface effectively with all levels of personnel; explain moderately complex technical information; and establish priorities.
- Must have a valid California class C drivers license and able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: None
Systems Specialist job at General Atomics
Apply for this Systems Specialist position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.