Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Sr Applications Administrator
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
The ITS Engineering Value Stream Team at GA provides subject matter expertise around product lifecycle management test suite management and requirements management applications. We provide process improvement consultancy to our internal customers; upgrade enhance and administer the applications for our internal customers. Our technology stack consist of enterprise applications like Windchill Integrity Creo Solidworks and Teamcenter. Our skills areas encompass programming (Java++ JSON XML); managing more than 100 clustered Linux environments.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Application Administrator to join our ITS Engineering Value Stream team in San Diego CA.
Under the general guidance of the Solutions Team leadership this position will be responsible for the following:DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform work on projects and large maintenance activities pertaining to enterprise Engineering applications and interfaces
- Monitor performance and system health
- Provide Tier 2 problem diagnosis research and resolutions for the IT engineering teams. This includes entering support calls providing diagnosis information escalation monitoring of problems with software vendor and applying provided fixes and patches.
- Periodically assist with weekend and evening routine scheduled maintenance work and system verifications for all systems.
- Serve as production support specialist for a subject area such as: clustering Java scripting tuning
- Review and maintain as needed documentation of GA applications processes systems and related Standard Operating Procedures.
- Independently research and/or assist the IT engineering group with implementation testing and transition in support of new versions and technologies for assigned products and tools.
- Provide support system installations and related projects
- Update third party provided software by applying patches temp fixes and upgrades.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in Information Technology or related discipline and ten or more years of progressive professional applications administrator experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must possess Server System administration experience in a clustered environment.Experience with UNIX is a must (AIX/Linux)
- Tuning knowledge and experience
- Must demonstrate an extensive technical expertise and application of system administration theories concepts and practices including but not limited to system design installation configuration and management performance tuning and measurement back-up recovery (including disaster recovery planning and testing) TCP/IP and related protocols and network concepts security/firewalls web servers and load balancing.
- Must have project skills including organizing scheduling conducting and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must be customer focused and possess the ability to identify issues analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex matters
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to work flexible/extended hours as required
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: None
Sr Applications Administrator job at General Atomics
Apply for this Sr Applications Administrator position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.