Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Systems Integration LLC (GA-SI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a provider of military and commercial engineering services. GA-SI is a leading-edge expert in systems integration technologies reliability improvements and controls system design.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Avionics Technician in our Aero Services division to support MQ-1 Gray Eagle operations at Fort Irwin in California. This is position must be able to deploy both CONUS and OCONUS in support of company projects. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works under general supervision providing technical expertise in installing and troubleshooting avionics systems.
- Supports repairs testing and operation of Gray Eagle unmanned aerial vehicles ground control stations ground support equipment and associated electronic equipment at facilities as assigned requiring long periods of standing walking bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Participates in ground control station power up ground checks maintenance aircraft recovery status debriefing repair and documentation of repairs and status.
- Corrects minor discrepancies by removal repair or replacement of defective or deleted parts of aircraft electrical systems.
- Performs limited functional checks on existing and newly installed aircraft electrical systems and equipment.
- Operates automatic test equipment to locate diagnose and repair defective parts. Performs routine inspections on systems and equipment.
- Fabricates upgrades routes and installs wiring harnesses.
- Disassembles assembles and adjusts electronic equipment.
- Interfaces with engineering manufacturing and other disciplines of UAV operators Army personnel and civilian customers when required.
- Assists in the troubleshooting component removal and replacement testing and documentation in accordance with customer regulations when applicable utilizing approved technical publications maintenance standards and approved procedures.
- Interfaces with site team leaders supply personnel Airframe and Powerplant mechanics and UAV pilots.
- Provides support as required to the UAS training center maintaining UAV training assets and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years of aircraft mechanical maintenance experience.
- May require extensive travel and/or CONUS or OCONUS deployment.
- Must possess: (1) full knowledge and understanding of the detailed aspects of the job; (2) knowledge of relevant computer applications and operations; (3) basic leadership organization and planning skills; and (4) strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees and both military and civilian customers.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
- The ability to pass a Deployment Medical Exam.
- HAZMAT AES and IATA experience is desirable.
- Experience handling COMSEC material.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team and be able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Avionics Technician job at General Atomics
Apply for this Avionics Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.