Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as an Accountant in our Labor Accounting department in Poway Ca.
Under general supervision this position leads the SAP CO (Controlling) function for Labor Accounting and will perform activity type analysis and associated master data maintenance including maintenance and project ownership of offsite employee burdening. This position will perform timesheet and labor distribution analytics to ensure timecard corrections and labor transfers are properly authorized and processed accordingly. Through complex reconciliations may assist other accounting departments to identify discrepancies and assist in the investigation of questionable data process and system issues. Will work on problems of a moderate to complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires advanced MS Excel skills and a high level of critical thinking.
- Prepares analysis of complex labor and intercompany transactions.
- Approves and processes company labor transfers.
- Review and approval of medium risk time charging corrections.
- Knowledge of Federal and State labor laws payroll and Government FAR Compliance.
- Contributes to and ensures the accuracy of accounting data transactions and reports as it relates to labor transactions.
- Participates in review of internal controls to promote compliance with applicable regulations.
- Participate in weekly labor processing error reporting and bi-weekly analysis of labor transactions.
- Financial analysis using Excel and SAP in support of regulatory compliance efforts.
- Analytical with good problem solving skills to perform detailed and sometimes complex ad-hoc analysis of labor and payroll data.
- May implement and communicate accounting policies and procedures internally and act as external department representative.
- Determines and implements the most effective methods for controlling and processing accounting information.
- Ensures proper documentation in accordance with external requirements.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Assists in evaluating developing implementing and monitoring appropriate control procedures which safeguard the CompanyA¢a,¬a¢s assets and assures compliance with policies.
- Well-organized and capable of working in a fast paced environment that is deadline driven with constantly changing priorities.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in accounting or a related discipline and three or more years of progressive experience in accounting with a bachelors degree or at least one year of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have demonstrated ability to apply concepts and principles of accounting to develop solutions to a variety or problems along with computer literacy and knowledge of operations and applications pertinent to the field.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and communication abilities that enable effective interface with staff members in developing accounting documentation and in making presentations.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Accountant job at General Atomics
Apply for this Accountant position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.