Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Operations and Manufacturing Liaison
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMSA¢a,¬a¢ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet space systems and satellites missile defense power and energy and process and monitoring applications for defense industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity available within the Engineering Team working within the Lasers and Advanced Sensors (LAS) Group located in Rancho Bernardo CA. We are looking for an experienced Operations and Manufacturing Liaison to join business unit is focused on the design development fabrication and integration of high energy laser systems laser weapons systems and advanced sensors that provide targeting tracking and identification functionality.
This position is responsible for working with engineering management on the planning budgeting and scheduling as well as the coordination of operational aspects for an engineering organization to ensure objectives are attained. Identifies and assesses operational issues and participates with management to coordinate and implement solutions which meet planning schedules quality objectives and policies and procedures of the engineering organization. Under general supervision and with intermittent review this position also supports program engineering and program management by serving as a liaison between the engineering and the purchasing department working to plan and expedite critical path components and processes to maintain program schedules.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate efforts to develop and improve operations through efficient and effective integrated processes implementing common management processes/services to use organizational resources efficiently and effectively.
- Helps develop operational plans budgets and schedules as well as manage the operational aspects for an organization.
- Develops appropriate electronic and hard copy reports and records.
- Integrates and analyzes project plans to ensure milestone and delivery requirements are met; ensures that all the key parties are advised
- Serve as liaison between program/project management project teams and administrative service departments.
- Participates in problem solving with engineering and project managers
- Implement mechanisms for monitoring progress and for problem solving with program managers project teams and administrative services departments while recommending solutions to meet budget schedule quality objectives and company policies and procedures.
- Assists in and/or monitors the design and development process by coordinating between various engineering departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelorA¢a,¬a¢s degree in business planning or a related discipline as well as three or more years of progressive experience in planning coordinating and scheduling production operations. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Prefer candidate to have experience with military systems.
- Previous experience with optical laser or sensor systems along with flight space or military systems is desired.
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) is desired.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Operations and Manufacturing Liaison job at General Atomics
Apply for this Operations and Manufacturing Liaison position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.