Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Electrical Quality Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops modifies documents and directs the implementation and evaluation of quality assurance programs and systems on one or more mid-size to large projects.
- Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting quality standards and government regulations.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Works on moderately complex and diverse problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Identifies and recommends design or manufacturing changes and enhancements for electrical and electronic assemblies.
- Interface with procurement manufacturing engineering and program departments to resolve quality issues.
- Input and use the SAP nonconformance database for evaluation of defect trends.
- Determines technical objectives for quality assurance as well as approaches to completing projects.
- Creates or recommends design dimensional or manufacturing process changes to improve products and reduce costs.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting and testing. Participates in inspection of equipment and systems.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Implements solutions to complex problems occurring internally and at vendor facilities.
- May prepare statistical analysis reports specifications and other technical documents.
- Interprets and adapts quality standards and government regulations. Provides advice and guidance in interpreting IPC standards.
- Acts as company contact with suppliers customers and regulatory personnel to resolve quality issues; delivers technical presentations.
- Provides project direction to other staff members.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company; expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in engineering or related discipline and two or more years of related experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be able to apply a detailed understanding of inspection methods and have strong knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Must have a strong knowledge of concepts techniques and methods in a particular field of specialization.
- Must have the analytical ability required to develop creative solutions to complex quality issues and the skills required to present those solutions to internal and external contacts.
- Must be detail-oriented to accurately prepare statistical reports and technical documents in support of company objectives.
- Must have strong leadership skills to direct staff members and ensure project costs and schedules are maintained while representing the organization on technical quality assurance issues.
- Able to deliver effective technical presentations
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Electrical Quality Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Electrical Quality Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.