Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join the General Atomics Aeronautical Systems (GA-ASI) Independent Research and Development (IR&D) Finance Group located in San Diego Ca. This position under general supervision is responsible for providing budgeting cost and hours analyses and reporting on assigned GA-ASI IR&D projects. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment with the capacity to provide ad hoc reporting and analysis. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the successful financial management of IR&D programs by providing analysis and a proactive approach to controlling costs.
- Prepares reporting for program managers and senior management including monthly program management review charts weekly cost and labor reports and as needed ad hoc reporting.
- Ability to perform root-cause analyses provide input for year over year actual vs. budget and actual vs. indicated budget variance for monthly financial services corporate reporting.
- Works closely with program managers in planning and budgeting work tracking actual incurred spending estimates to complete and estimates at completion.
- Responds to financial inquiries regarding IR&D charter modifications funding budgets costing headcount and open commitments.
- Interacts with various business areas to resolve labor and procurement issues.
- Works closely with accounting on proper company costing practices and internal controls.
- Updates and maintains project structures by creating and closing work break-down structures and network activities in the Project Systems module in the companys ERP system.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required .
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting and/or finance and three or more years of progressive professional cost accounting experience in a corporate environment preferably with a government contractor. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general knowledge of cost accounting principles theories and concepts and a general understanding of cost accounting practices techniques and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess the ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Solid verbal and written communications and presentations skills to accurately document and report accounting and finance findings to a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees managers and external parties on accounting and finance matters.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent MS Office computer skills.
- Experience with SAP and MPM are highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Financial Anlayst job at General Atomics
Apply for this Financial Anlayst position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.