Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Government Accounting Manager
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a high level Government Accounting Manager. This position reports the Vice President/Controller and is responsible for the planning managing and performance of the GA Government Accounting organization.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure companys compliance with FAR CAS GAAP and internal policies and procedures.
- Oversee government accounting and compliance matters for the GA home office and two government contracting entities. Including:
- Preparation of incurred cost proposals
- Maintenance of the disclosure statements.
- Monthly and annual reporting to Government agencies as well as internal management.
- Submission and audit support of CAS cost impact proposals.
- Submission and audit support of Forward Pricing Rate Proposals.
- Company liaison for DCAA and DCMA supporting audits and inquiries related to forward pricing proposals disclosure statements incurred cost proposals cost impacts monthly and quarterly reporting negotiating forward pricing and final indirect rates and any special requests.
- Establish training for company personnel in government accounting related matters including accurate labor charging travel accounting FAR cost allowability and indirect rate development.
- Support special projects including evaluating the impact of potential mergers and acquisitions to the company for compliance with FAR and CAS.
- Manage the companys SAP CO systems team responsible for corporate wide SAP systems master data maintenance testing of new SAP enhancements and implementations as well as oversee the companys system processing needs for month-end and year-end closing processes. Manage the Companys indirect cost structure in SAP to ensure compliance with FAR CAS and GAAP.
- Ensure business excellence is maintained by managing and participating in the planning attraction selection retention and development of the required professional talent.
- Manages Government Accounting team of approximately twenty people in daily tasking and completion of responsibilities.
- May represent the organization or unit(s) as a prime contact on contracts and/or operations conduct briefings and financial updates for management and customers and interact with managers concerning matters of significance to the company.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in accounting finance or related discipline and thirteen or more years of progressively complex experience in finance/accounting with at least seven of those years in management.Requires experience in a government contractor environment. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- An MBA in accounting or finance CPA or CMA certification major accounting firm experience and/or experience negotiating accounting issues with government agencies is strongly preferred.
- Requires a detailed and extensive application of government finance/accounting management principles and practices including thorough knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Must demonstrate comprehensive accounting management and leadership skills including organizing planning scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones is required.
- Must have experience in successfully managing a team of individuals.
- Ability to resolve complex management and accounting problems; serve as spokesperson on projects and/or programs; and be an expert in one or more accounting management areas is preferred.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Strong communication leadership presentation and interpersonal skills are preferred.
- Ability to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel is preferred.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Government Accounting Manager job at General Atomics
Apply for this Government Accounting Manager position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.