Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Experienced Inventory Analyst
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Inventory Analyst in our Poway CA location.
Under minimal direction this position is responsible for initiating implementing and contributing to the development of programs tools policies and procedures regarding inventory management control monitoring and practices to meet project and production requirements. Reviews evaluates and approves purchase requisitions transfer of stock shortages and expedites. Represents the organization as a primary contact providing consultation to all levels of employees and external customers including purchasing production planning warehouse contracts engineering and manufacturing to ensure project and production requirements are met on schedule and within budget. Acts in an advisory or leadership role to less experienced staff. This position involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews evaluates and approves MRP requirements purchase requisitions and inventory transfers to ensure project and production requirements are met. Reviews cycle count results and resolves inventory discrepancies.
- Analyzes and resolves obsolete and excess inventory issues some of which may be highly complex. Reviews and analyzes ABC codes and order policies of parts.
- Reviews analyzes and resolves conflicts in supply and demand and investigates as required. Presents findings and innovative solutions to management.
- Develops reports and procedures for inventory monitoring and control. Coordinates with IT in developing inventory data collection reports.
- Develops and implements inventory control programs to ensure project(s) and production requirements are met on time and within budget.
- Reviews evaluates and updates inventory control policy and procedures.
- Analyzes and maintains sufficient inventory levels to meet production Hi-time and repair requirements while maintaining inventory level in accordance with management guidelines.
- Analyzes cycles count results and investigates discrepancies outside the specific tolerances.
- Reviews and analyzes inventory issues and receipts transactions and safety stock requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates Economic Order Quantity calculation.
- Analyzes and processes inventory write off of inventory obsolescence.
- Consults on strategic material planning by applying knowledge of business and management principles.
- Reviews information to develop evaluate and implement creative solutions to highly complex problems.
- Functions in an advisory or leadership role and provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business administration or related field along with ten or more years of related experience in inventory planning and control. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must possess an extensive understanding of inventory planning and control standards practices concepts and principles along with a thorough and detailed knowledge of computer based manufacturing systems and MRP. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of unusually complex problems; (2) excellent organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit; (3) excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to interface with all levels of internal employees and external customers and to accurately document and report information; (4) the ability to initiate plan and manage projects; and (5) the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on projects.
- The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Experienced Inventory Analyst job at General Atomics
Apply for this Experienced Inventory Analyst position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.