Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Stress Engineer in our Payloads Systems Integration and Mass Properties Group at GA-ASI. Under general supervision with limited review this position is responsible for determining and developing effective approaches for resolving a wide range of difficult engineering problems. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results. Work is reviewed at milestones or at completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Documents findings communicates results to engineering staff and makes technical presentations as required. May coordinate segments of a specific project and may have frequent inter- organization and customer contact on difficult technical issues. Provides direction to design or technical staff and may provide direction to less experienced professional staff.Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports operation of engineering systems by evaluating and interpreting needs and problems and develops effective approaches to resolving those issues.
- Working with design engineers to ensure up front design optimization
- Responsible for performing structural analysis of aircraft components assemblies and systems while working as an integrated team for design studies.
- Structural analysis includes calculation of loads stress analysis fatigue analysis and vibration analysis.
- Evaluate structural integrity of aircraft structures by way of classical hand and finite element methods.
- Generate documentation to report analysis and test results to support airworthiness certification.
- A working knowledge of FAA and Mil-Spec airworthiness requirements along with experience with Matlab Excel and Visual Basic will be advantageous.
- Typically requires a Bachelor degree Master degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a Bachelor degree or two or more years of experience with a Master degree.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must be familiar with stress dynamics fracture fatigue and damage tolerance analysis of metal and composite structures.
- Working knowledge with NASTRAN or ABAQUS software is required.
- Must have at least 2 years of working experience using Finite Element analysis tools like Hypermesh Pro/Mechanica FEMAP/NASTRAN and ABAQUS.
- In addition knowledge of aeroelastic analysis and modal testing is desirable. Requires knowledge of composite material behavior laminate theory and analysis
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Stress Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Stress Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.