Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Experienced Manufacturing Engineer
Spanish Fork, UT
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Summary Under general directions with limited review this position is responsible for
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and perform work-study and training programs to promote efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Perform work flow analysis engineering and economic studies including collecting and analyzing data report preparation and presentation of results.
- Recommends engineers and implements cost reductions for manufacturing processes.
- Be an active Team Leader on Total Quality Management (TQM) Projects.
- Evaluate and apply the appropriate ergonomic improvements as an integral part of methods development.
- Participate actively in Kaizen Blitz activities.
- Utilizes time studies to understand and improve work balance.
- Analyze opportunities to reduce/eliminate the waste of overproduction waiting conveyance over-processing inventory unnecessary motion defects and unused team member cycle time.
- Educates team members operators on the importance of eliminating the wastes denoted above.
- Drives productivity improvements.
- Analyzes raw material usage and opportunities for improving yields.
- Acts as a change agent for the value stream.
- Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined in the applicable QMS documents; and suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Follows EHS rules and regulations and suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Promptly reports quality problems personal injuries and unsafe conditions.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License is desirable.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Experienced Manufacturing Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Experienced Manufacturing Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.