Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Facilities Maintenance Technician
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Technical Maintenance Group as a Facilities Maintenance Technician located in the San Diego CA area.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs trade work such as carpentry or painting repair or alteration of structures such as walls roofs signage or office fixtures.
- May perform preventive maintenance on buildings and equipment according to established procedures.
- Performs various routine facilities tasks as requested by managers and maintenance requests.
- Sets up and operates all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years experience in construction facilities maintenance or a related field.
- Must demonstrate considerable knowledge of construction or facilities maintenance principles and concepts. Must possess: (1) a valid California drivers license with a good driving record verified by the DMV; (2) the ability to read and understand blueprints sketches layouts wiring diagrams drawings and specifications; (3) good organization skills and ability to establish priorities; (4) the ability to identify issues solve and respond to routine problems ; (5) good analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report information as well as the ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of personnel including management; (6) general knowledge of shop math; (7) working knowledge and use of hand and power tools and measuring instruments; and (8) the ability to climb ladders and lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Facilities Maintenance Technician job at General Atomics
Apply for this Facilities Maintenance Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.