Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Senior Wire Harness Design Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for generating 3D models of cable routing for electrical integration of avionics modules and payloads into unmanned air vehicle systems.
- Responsible for determining optimal cable length for installations generating routing details installation documentation and schematic documentation.
- Responsible for integration tests to verify functional operation.
- Responsible for generating test fixtures and test procedures for system level test.
- Responsible for evaluating and performing engineering change requests as required.
- Interface with electrical mechanical structural and project engineers to establish electrical cable design into aircraft and insure proper cable support.
- Interface with design and drafting personnel to support cable detail design and drawing release process.
- Interface with production personnel to clarify drawing issues and improve drawings.
- Applies basic technical knowledge to analyze investigate and resolve assigned routine engineering problems.
- Develops appropriate documentation of findings and implemented solutions and communicates results to project engineering staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and four or more years of engineering experience with a bachelors degree or two years experience with a masters degree.
- Must have a basic understanding of engineering concepts principles and theory.
- Experience with schematics 3D CAD and cabling applications is highly desirable.
- Experience with SAE-AS50881 and IPC-620 standards is desired.
- Experience with the electrical cable integration for aircraft environment is desired.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow and apply basic engineering knowledge adapt standard techniques and utilize the required diagnostics tools and equipment while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Must be able to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Good communication computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals to produce appropriate documentation and to present results to a limited internal audience. Must be able to work both independently and on a team.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- All applicants must be current US Citizens for this position and must be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Senior Wire Harness Design Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Senior Wire Harness Design Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.