Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Project Control Analyst
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors superconducting and conventional rotating motors power inverters high-energy capacitors radiation monitoring systems high-voltage direct current power distribution systems and numerous other products.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Control Analyst to join our Program Office located in Rancho Bernardo CA.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Project Managers Control Account Management team (CAMs) and senior technical personnel to ensure uniform application of Earned Value Management procedures.
- Assist management in program setup and control; establish and maintain cost/schedule baseline and enforce strict change control.
- Assist in the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and related dictionaries.
- Provide program planning support including scheduling budgeting performance monitoring variance analysis status reporting data validation and resource planning.
- Assist in preparation of Contract Performance Reports (CPRs) Estimates At Completion (EACs) and related variance analysis reports for customers and program management.
- Track subcontractor status and material receipts open commitments and termination liability.
- May assist in development of new business proposals.
- Monitor and assure budget availability proper approval authorization and charge accounts.
- Provide task leaders and program managers with clear timely and accurate information and make recommendations with which to make decisions.
- Utilizes knowledge of MS Excel programming.
- Conducts SQL/Access queries and codes VBA/HTML.
- Assist in the development of Program Control procedures and desktop guides.
- Utilizes experience with databases for dashboarding and metrics reporting.
- Develop standard and ad hoc reports; identify issues exceptions and variances; develop solutions to moderately complex issues; follow GA-EMS processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
- Utilize MS Office Suite and other applications that may include SAP MPM winsight Project Server and SharePoint.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of an associates degree in business administration or a related discipline. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be proficient in Excel: V-look ups Pivot tables etc.
- Prefer strong background in finance or accounting.
- Experience with DoD (DCAA/DCMA) compliance helpful
- Must have general knowledge of accounting principles planning and tracking procedures and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- An effective communicator with the ability to write interpret and explain programmatic issues.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with the following electronic software: word processing spreadsheet e-mail and project management. Able to work extended hours and travel as may be required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Project Control Analyst job at General Atomics
Apply for this Project Control Analyst position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.