Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMSA¢a,¬a¢ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet space systems and satellites missile defense power and energy and process and monitoring applications for defense industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a temporary Material Planner to join our Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Group. This position is responsible for planning preparing issuing and controlling production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides planning support to various tasks/projects including performance monitoring materials analysis reporting and expediting.
- Interfaces with operating and support groups (Purchasing Finance Master Scheduling QA) to collect data for preparation of reports.
- Provides management with clear timely and accurate information with which to make decisions. Alerts management to deviations (or potential deviations) from established plans.
- Utilizes planning applications (SAP MS Office MS Project).
- Demonstrates use of SAP for in finding and interpreting data in Stock/Requirements List Purchase Requisitions Purchase Orders and other material inventory transactions to aid in the development and publishing of reports.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of concepts and principals of planning to develop solutions to a variety of problems particularly with materials delivery.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress material availability and potential production problems to ensure that personnel equipment materials and services are provided as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret drawing and Engineering BOM data to create Material Masters in SAP.
- Keeps management apprised of potential schedule or fiscal problems by tracking reviewing and evaluating plans schedules and/or budgets for inaccuracies inconsistencies or interface/support problems. Analyzes task/project cost and/or schedule variances and informs management.
- Provides manpower resource planning and allocation.
- Interprets engineering change orders (ECO) implements dispositions affecting stock work in progress.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelor degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Planning Engineering Production Control or a related discipline and three or more yearA¢a,¬a¢s progressive experience in planning scheduling budgeting and performance measurement. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of planning principles theories and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to learn and apply basic planning tools and techniques; and knowledge of concepts and principles of planning to develop solutions to a variety of problems.
- Must maintain a well-balanced focus between external and internal customer requirements.
- Possess the ability to identify issues and interpret data.
- Organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit.
- Good interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and to accurately document report and present.
- Ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Knowledge of computer operations applications word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Material Planner job at General Atomics
Apply for this Material Planner position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.