Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Project Engineer Air Force Development Programs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer-Air Force Development Programs in our Project Engineering group.
The position is to support development and fielding of capabilities for the US Air Force to include systems engineering documentation efforts. This position will include technical and management oversight of contracts as well as well as the engineering team working projects primarily for the USAF ACC and AFSOC customer. The candidate should have experience leading both hardware and software development projects. Daily customer interaction will be required with the engineering and program office counterparts. With limited direction this position exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives for the review research design development and/or solution to advanced technical engineering problem(s). May function in an advisory or project leadership role providing direction to experienced professional staff. Formulates plans typically long term for solution(s) development documentation and deployment as well as meeting various compliance reporting and safety standards. Evaluates the integration of the engineering solution within the overall engineering environment; and ensures that appropriate documentation testing maintenance and engineering updates completed. Communicates with engineering professionals solution users and management throughout the solution development cycle represents the company as a prime technical contact on contracts and/or projects interacts with senior external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations and participates in the development of new or expansion of existing business.
- Determines technical objectives for solution(s) to advanced technical engineering problems.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact within and engineering team for assigned project(s)/program(s).
- May function in an advisory or leadership role for a project/program and provide direction and guidance to less experienced professional staff or team of professional staff.
- Formulates plans and guides the development and implementation of engineering solution(s) including deployment resource requirements testing documentation integration and compliance and safety.
- Plans and coordinates the maintenance of engineering solutions including documentation reporting publishing and making technical and other presentations to ensure viability of the solution(s) in an evolving environment.
- Plans for future applications of solutions based on new developments in engineering technology.
- Participates in or may lead the development of new or expansion of existing business opportunities.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelors degree seven or more years of experience with a masters degree or four or more years with a PhD.
- May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles concepts theory and practice with the ability to organize plan schedule conduct and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; strong communication presentation and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments customers government representatives and/or professionals; the capability of representing the organization as a prime technical contact; and the ability to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Must be customer focused and able to work on a self- initiated basis or in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- A Professional Engineering License original work(s) published in professional engineering journals invited to present one or more original works to an engineering symposium and invited and/or participated on an engineering review panel are desirable.
- Travel up to 50% is required in support of development test and travel to customer CONUS sites to meet with engineering and program teams.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 25% - 50%
Project Engineer Air Force Development Programs job at General Atomics
Apply for this Project Engineer Air Force Development Programs position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.