Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
PC Support Technician
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely operated surveillance aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have a need for a PC Support Technician to join our PC Support Services team in San Diego CA.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs repairs and performs preventive maintenance on a variety of moderately complex personal computers and peripheral devices.
- Sets up and tests personal computer systems peripherals and software including operating systems.
- Provides general hardware and software support for users provides user training and guides users having difficulty with personal computers peripherals or software.
- Performs routine diagnosis on failed equipment and software and coordinates repairs. Identifies and reports network issues. Interfaces with vendors to resolve hardware/software issues.
- Prepares and maintains electronic and hard reports and logs including purchase orders and equipment inventories.
- May work the help desk and provide telephone support or arrange for service for trouble calls.
- Able to sit stand and kneel for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Schedule outside repairs for equipment under warranty or contract
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advancements and development in the computer support field
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires an Associates degree with an emphasis in information technology or a related discipline along with one or more years of progressive personal computer technical experience in an information technology department. May substitute a certificate in information technology from a recognized organization and equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Requires an understanding of department policies and procedures and a working knowledge of current personal computers relevant operating systems and associated peripheral equipment.
- Must be customer focused and demonstrate the ability: to resolve semi-routine technical situations; communicate with all levels of personnel; and explain general information.
- Must have a valid California class C drivers license and able to work extended hours as required.
- A+ MCSA Security+
- Experience with Windows 10 Active Directory MS Exchange 2013
- Linux - CentOS/Redhat
- Enterprise environments
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: None
PC Support Technician job at General Atomics
Apply for this PC Support Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.