Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Desktop Support Specialist II
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Specialist within our ASI Division. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of complex activities related to processes and systems.
- Gathers collects records tracks verifies data and ensures the accuracy of information.
- Coordinates with business and technology teams determines system requirements such as program functions output requirements input data acquisition and system techniques and controls.
- Establishes system configurations and settings for activity in support of primarily but not limited to Manufacturing.
- Analyzes business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processing systems.
- Participates in design processes to enhance work flow.
- Trains systems users on new processes.
- Maintains and updates a variety of confidential and sensitive electronic and/or hard copy reports and records.
- Work with users to troubleshoot a variety of software programs including Windows AMPS Adobe Reader and Acrobat Citrix MAP and many other types of corporate software.
- Troubleshooting hardware/software issues and escalating tickets as needed to appropriate local support teams.
- Handling escalated complicated issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems submitted by customers through the support system and respond to e-mail generated trouble tickets and service questions.
- Verifies and reconciles system data. Performs analysis of data errors and recommends solutions.
- Typically requires an Associates degree in a related field and two or more years of related experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a broad understanding of functional area principles theories and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to grasp new concepts quickly; (2) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (3) strong organization skills and the ability to establish priorities; (4) the ability to identify issues and solve non-routine problems; (5) good analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report; (6) full knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Desktop Support Specialist II job at General Atomics
Apply for this Desktop Support Specialist II position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.