Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Emergency Response Manager
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position is responsible for managing the environmental industrial health and safety and emergency response functions at one or more assigned facilities. Provides leadership and directs subordinates to successfully complete assignments. Develops modifies and implements operational policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with federal state and local regulations and represents the organization as a primary contact with appropriate agencies. Develops up to date accurate documentation and reports to reflect activities of the safety department. Manages programs and procedures for the training of assigned personnel.Essential Functions
- Provides leadership and directs the activities of assigned personnel engaged in environmental industrial health and safety and emergency response functions at assigned facility by prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Manages response to emergencies facility equipment failure building or structure emergencies or related situations.
- Manages fire prevention services and planning.
- Initiates plans and coordinates inspections ensuring safety equipment is maintained.
- Manages surveys and program evaluations of facilities and operations to identify safety issues.
- Develops and conducts environmental health and safety training to employees and ensures compliance with required training.
- Represents the group as a technical consultant in matters of environmental health and safety.
- Develops up to date accurate documentation statistics and reports to reflect activities.
- Develops modifies and implements operational policies and procedures. Ensures procedures and practices are current.
- Manages and actively participates in the planning attraction selection retention and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required management professional and technical talent.
- Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Additional Duties Other duties as assigned or required.
- Fire Fighter I Fire Fighter II and ARFF DoD certifications.
Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelors degree and nine or more years of experience in environmental health and safety with at least three of those years as a supervisor. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
Must demonstrate thorough experience supervising emergencies working with associated safety equipment and implementing safety procedures processes practices and relevant regulations.
Must have leadership skills including organizing planning scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones.
Must possess: (1) the ability to resolve complex safety and management issues; (2) strong verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and present findings; (3) strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees management and outside representatives; (4) the ability to serve as spokesperson on projects and be technically knowledgeable in one or more areas of environmental health and safety; and (5) strong computer skills. The ability to work independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Emergency Response Manager job at General Atomics
Apply for this Emergency Response Manager position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.