Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Mechanical Engineer Landing Gear
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general supervision and regular review this position supports the Mechanical Systems engineering staff in the analysis (kinematic and structural) investigation and solution of engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity related to aircraft landing gear. Nearly all landing gear used on the Predator series UAVs have been developed in house. Assignments are normally accompanied by general instructions and suggestions outlining possible approaches sources of information and potential problems to be encountered with work reviewed regularly for soundness of technical judgment overall adequacy and accuracy.Duties and Responsibilities
- Documents findings and implemented solutions and communicates results to engineering staff or subcontractor
- Provide direction to design or technician staff for development of source control drawings
- Responsible for managing technical development and sustainment with landing gear sub-component subcontractors
- Expected to develop detail design specifications based on internally derived requirements and applicable industry specifications and generate external statements of work to detail program technical requirements
- Collaborate with General Atomics Program Management and Subcontract Administrators in generating request for proposals and purchase requisitions
- Interface with the subcontractorA¢a,¬a¢s technical staff manages re-occurring technical meetings and/or reviews and supports testing on subcontractor site(s) as required
- Represents subcontractor to internal Aircraft Integrated Product Team
- Handle all project details including requirement derivation conceptualization detail design analysis project oversight manufacturing support and sustaining support
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree.
- Must have a basic understanding of engineering concepts principles and theory.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow and apply basic engineering knowledge adapt standard techniques and utilize the required diagnostics tools and equipment while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Must be able to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Good communication computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals to produce appropriate documentation and to present results to a limited internal audience.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Mechanical Engineer Landing Gear job at General Atomics
Apply for this Mechanical Engineer Landing Gear position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.