Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Experienced Human Resources Business Partner
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply. Under general direction within an assigned functional unit this position is responsible for the administration of one or more human resources areas such as but not limited to employment employee relations benefits compensation compliance equal employment opportunity organizational development HRIS or training. Exercising judgment within generally defined precedents and policies develops proactive plans to ensure that human resource activities achieve desired results initiates and plans project(s) and develops the project design and schedule to meet overall objectives. Responds to inquiries identifies issues and develops solutions to complex and diverse challenges concerning employees managers and external parties on a variety of subjects some of which contain confidential and sensitive information which require tact and discretion in handling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers of one or more human resources area: employment employee relations benefits compensation compliance equal employment opportunity organizational development HRIS or training.
- Analyzes data and situations and develops solutions. Influences and guides employees/managers and external parties on actions to be taken.
- Plans coordinates and initiates employee and/or manager interactions to ensure effective communications.
- Initiates plans and schedules project(s) to meet diverse objective(s).
- Develops appropriate electronic and hard copy reports and records. May develop new or revise existing electronic or hard copy systems and makes internal and external presentations.
- Initiates changes/updates/modifications to Human Resource policies and practices.
- May represent the company as the prime contact on external project(s).
- Provides direction to support staff and may provide direction to less experienced professional staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources Organizational Development or a related discipline and six or more years of progressive professional experience in a Human Resources department.
- May substitute a certificate in human resources from a recognized organization and/or equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of human resource principles theories and concepts and a complete and thorough knowledge of practices techniques and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity; (2) excellent analytical verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and present findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties: (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees including senior managers and senior external parties; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (5) the ability to initiate plan and manage projects; and (6) excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Experienced Human Resources Business Partner job at General Atomics
Apply for this Experienced Human Resources Business Partner position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.