Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
International Pricing Cost Estimator
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as an International Pricing / Cost Estimator to work out of our Contracts group in Poway CA.
Under general supervision performs pricing of proposals and develops commercial pricing models in support of pre-award post-award and international business opportunities. Supervises development and maintenance of product catalog and other price estimating duties to achieve business objectives for our direct commercial sales group.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares commercial pricing estimates used for international business opportunities including internal profitability modeling external pricing formats parametric estimating and creation of pricing narratives in support of our international strategic development team.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives for contract transactions.
- Conducts market and parametric studies to develop and establish market position product offering and support of standardized pricing models.
- Interfaces with several internal functional groups as well as outside vendors to gather data.
- Analyzes blueprints specifications proposals and other documentation to prepare time cost and labor estimates for products projects or services.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Performs pre-award post-award and fact finding audits.
- Develops and maintains pricing spreadsheet. Prepares reports charts presentations and graphs of findings using excel access and applicable tools.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Focus on margin improvements value-based pricing and building international market share.
- Develops business-cases and supports sales operations with data analytics. Other duties assigned as required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree and three or more years experience in finance accounting or business administration in a manufacturing environment. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Experience negotiating and working in government contracting environment and be able to analyze and solve a variety of moderately complex costing problems is desired.
- Knowledge and competence in the concepts principles and standard practices in value-based pricing is desired.
- Experience negotiating and comfortable working in an international business environment and be able to analyze and solve a variety of moderately complex pricing requests is desired.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and communication skills both verbal and written and be computer literate with advanced knowledge of computer applications relevant to the position including spreadsheet database and parametric estimating applications (advanced excel skills required).
- Must be able to work extended hours when required to meet deadlines.
- Foreign language skills also a plus.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
International Pricing Cost Estimator job at General Atomics
Apply for this International Pricing Cost Estimator position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.