Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Industrial Engineering Supervisor
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Engineering Supervisor within our ASI Division. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and build effective teams and draw on the strengths of team members.
- Mentors Industrial Engineering staff in technical and professional growth.
- Normal supervisory duties e.g. timecards reviews etc.
- Champion Lean Methodology assuring the LEAP program is improved standardized and sustained.
- Lead building re-layouts and building moves within area of responsibility.
- Manage and direct all aspects of Industrial Engineering within area of responsibility to achieve department goals within area of responsibility.
- Advises or directs the implementation of Industrial Engineering solutions for simple to complex problems.
- Champion capacity analysis within area of responsibility.
- Prepares status/progress reports to present to senior management.
- Lead cross-functional process improvement projects.
- Responsible for continuous improvement to improve safety quality cost and improve productivity/schedule.
- Initiate and lead lean manufacturing process improvement projects.
- Specify and implement equipment and processes including efficient layout and optimization of material and information flows.
- Establish and maintain labor standards lead times and capacities/capabilities for manufacturing and ancillary processes.
- Support and collaborate with shop floor technicians to solve manufacturing problems.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree ten or more years of experience with a masters degree or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Industrial Engineering Supervisor job at General Atomics
Apply for this Industrial Engineering Supervisor position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.