Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Experienced Management Assistant
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Management Assistant to work out of our Poway CA location.
This position is responsible for providing direct assistance to a senior manager director or above. Manages access to and maintains their schedule which requires contact with internal management staff and external customers or officials. Has access to sensitive information necessitating the use of tact diplomacy discretion and judgment. Communicates with executive administrative and management personnel to gather or convey relevant information. Initiates special reports and completes a variety of administrative assignments.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates schedules and ensures management is made aware of issues that need immediate attention.
- Interfaces with executives managers and staff as well as customers and visitors to gather and prepare information.
- Coordinates the preparation and review of correspondence reports and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Plans schedules and coordinates various organizational meetings events and travel arrangements.
- Tracks progress of delegated staff assignments and may coordinate activities between departments.
- Screens calls prioritizes mail and maintains follow-up system to ensure completion of each task or project. Maintains confidential and specialized files and/or records. Utilizes judgment in determining which tasks can be handled and which tasks need to be directed to management or to other members of the organization.
- May provide guidance and/or direction to other staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a High School diploma and four or more years experience of progressively broadening office administration experience including experience supporting mid-management or higher positions. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must possess: (1) a complete understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job; (2) excellent organization skills and ability to establish priorities; (3) the ability to identify issues ordinarily encountered and explain and solve routine problems or situations that require evaluation and interpretation; (4) interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and interface effectively with all levels of personnel including management customers and vendors; (5) understanding of applicable policies and procedures as well as an understanding of relevant regulations; (6) knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Strong MS Office skills.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Experienced Management Assistant job at General Atomics
Apply for this Experienced Management Assistant position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.