Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Engineering Technical Director
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
This position serving as an internationally recognized authority in the design and integration of air vehicle subsystems (hydraulic systems flight control actuation fuel systems environmental control systems and propulsion interface) conceptualizes and articulates innovative resolutions to the most highly technical and complex engineering problems. Functioning in an advisory or leadership role is instrumental in the planning and oversight of the successful implementation of those resolutions. Represents the company nationally and internationally through technical presentations and papers as an expert consultant and champion of specialized engineering knowledge. The position also influences the attraction and retention of engineering business as well as the foremost professional staff. Anticipates and reports on future engineering challenges that will directly impact the present and future engineering objectives of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualizes and articulates innovative resolutions to the most highly technical and complex engineering problems.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between organizations.
- Provides leadership direction and guidance for developing solution to engineering problems.
- Advises or directs the planning for the implementation of engineering solutions including strategic objectives and timetables.
- Participates in or directs the allocation of technical resources and professional staff to achieve objectives.
- Prepares status/progress reports and ensure compliance reporting and safety standards are maintained.
- Provides leadership in representing the technical capabilities of the organization to national and international audiences.
- Functions as an influential presence in attracting and retaining engineering business as well as key professional staff.
- Effectively counsels mentors and transfers specialized technical engineering knowledge of the highest level and complexity to management professional and support staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twenty or more years of experience with a bachelors degree eighteen or more years of experience with a masters degree or fifteen or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must be an internationally recognized expert in one or more engineering fields as demonstrated by: original work(s) published in national and international professional engineering journals; invited presentations to national or international engineering symposiums; participation as Chair on national and international engineering review panels; and engineering patents held.
- Has demonstrated leadership and creativity in directing/developing the solution(s) to highly technical and complex engineering problems and is influential in attracting and retaining engineering business as well as key professional staff.
- Must possess the ability to: shape the resolution of unusually complex technical problems; champion the development of new concepts and principles; and serve as an expert spokesperson for those concepts or principles.
- Must also possess outstanding communication presentation and interpersonal skills be customer focused and able to work on a self-initiated basis or in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Engineering Technical Director job at General Atomics
Apply for this Engineering Technical Director position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.