Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
GE is the worlds Digital Industrial Company transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected responsive and predictive. Through our people leadership development services technology and scale GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment professional development challenging careers and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race color religion national or ethnic origin sex sexual orientation gender identity or expression age disability protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
With an intense focus on writing the intern will be responsible for sourcing business stories to tell interviewing subjects conducting relevant research and writing compelling articles case studies white papers and press releases for both internal (employees) and external (media customers) consumption. We are looking for the intern to start end of September. Please submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered for this opening.
In line with GE’s Storytelling focus the role is primarily focused on writing and will provide exposure and support to global employees who are responsible for commercial aircraft lease placement and financing. The intern will gain exposure to cross-cultural communication while learning about the aviation finance industry and brand management. This internship will be specifically responsible for:
• sourcing stories/news within GECAS interviewing subjects conducting relevant research and writing concise compelling articles case studies white papers and press releases
• posting approved content and related graphics to GECAS intranet using WordPress
• posting approved content to social media sites such as LinkedIn and Twitter
• identifying and engaging company leaders and early adopters to pilot the use of internal social media platform Yammer
• Students must be in a graduate program or in their Senior year of an undergraduate program at an accredited local university and rank within the top 25% of their class
• Minimum GPA of 3.0.
• Fields of study may vary and include: Communications Journalism News and Storytelling Marketing Public Relations or English Literature
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to create and assist in the development of professional written documents suitable for multiple audiences (writing samples will be required prior to interview)
• Demonstrates ability to use journalistic storytelling techniques and copyediting
• Part-time internship during school year (15-20 hours/week)
• Understanding of the basics of communication layout and design for multiple uses i.e. email web blogs newsletters etc.
• Strong MS Office skill (Excel Word and PowerPoint)
• Skill set in web page formatting and use of social media tools for communications
• General graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite) a plus but not required
• Word Press experience a plus but not required
• Candidates must provide examples of written work in advance of interview
• Relocation assistance or housing allowance is not offered for this position
To be considered for an interview you MUST ALSO apply through our website: www.ge.com/careers and search for Job#2968202
• Self-starter who possesses confidence to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• General understanding of or desire to learn more about the finance or aviation industry
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proactive mindset to identify and prioritize problems/solutions quickly
• Operate effectively as a member of a global and diverse team
Locations: United States; Connecticut Tennessee; MemphisNorwalk
GE offers a great work environment professional development challenging careers and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race color religion national or ethnic origin sex sexual orientation gender identity or expression age disability protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Please sign in to apply for this job.