Value Stream Leader Hot
- Roxboro, North Carolina
- Job ID
Value Stream Leader job at Gkn in Roxboro NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Responsible for safety quality delivery and productivity of their assigned teams.
- Function as primary facilitator for warehouse and have responsibility for performance across all areas.
- Housekeeping and 5S responsibility in general.
- Responsible for KRONOS Time and Attendance tracking cross charging hours enforcing attendance policy andreconciling payroll adjustments and corrections.
- Make decisions regarding vacation and personal time planning.
- Communicate and enforce company policies.
- Maintain staffing to budgeted levels. Process ECRs and make requests for temporary labor.
- Coach train and develop teams/individuals to peak performance.
- Counsel and discipline teams/individuals as necessary.
- Hold regular team meetings which should include support personnel as required.
- Communicate and escalate with peers in production and support functions.
- Work cross-functionally to address issues.
- Aid in budgeting and scheduling process. Make overtime decisions along with Value Stream Manager.
- Manage day-to-day exceptions with teamwork and good decision-making.
- Perform other duties as required by Management.
- Bachelorsdegree (in a technical discipline desired) or 4+ years equivalent experience in lieu of a Degree
- 3 - 5 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience as a successful supervisor in high volume production would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (QAD SAP or similar)
GKN is a global engineering business. We design manufacture and service systems and components for most of the worlds leading aircraft vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint we design develop manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the worlds automotive manufacturers.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds with different skills and perspectives to spark originality imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age race creed color national origin ancestry marital status affectional or sexual orientation gender identity or expression disability nationality sex or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
2100 The Crescent
Birmingham Business Park
Tel: +44 (0)121 ### ####
Gkn Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.