- Ft Worth, Texas
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Tactical Ground Party (OPFOR)
Fort Worth, TX / Afghanistan
Grey Aviation is actively searching for experienced Joint Terminal Attack Controller candidates who meet our high standards of safety, professionalism and customer focus. As the industry leader in armed aircraft training, operations, surveillance and support, Grey Aviation’s vision is to leverage new technology and innovative ideas to develop customer tailored capabilities within a challenging global environment.
Provide Subject Matter Expertise in Air / Ground integration, communication and close air support based on combat operational experience and knowledge of JP 3-09.3, Close Air Support. Aid in training scenario execution by utilizing previous special operations combat experience to provide students realistic “real world” scenarios. Simulate ground forces (JTAC). Conduct ground to air communication with training aircraft. Instruct USAF and International Military Students in air to ground communication, calls for fire, and weapons release procedures. Advise and assist International Military Students.
Assist in courseware development. Assist instructor cadre in execution of the training program. Employees may be assigned other duties, as directed by management.
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all Grey Aviation and Governmental Policies, Procedures, and Compliance Regulations (internal and external).
• 21 years of age
• US Citizenship
• Current US Passport
• Valid State Driver’s License
• Read, write, speak and understand English
• Must meet all medical deployment standards
• Ability to possess firearms
• BA/BS in a related field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
• DLAB Score of 110 or higher preferred
• 8 years Special Operations Experience (10 years preferred)
• Combat related experience while assigned to US SOCOM units
• Proficiency in current CENTCOM tactics
• Operational Experience in Combat Mission Planning and Execution
• 2 years experience as a US Military Instructor teaching air / ground integration (5 years preferred)
• Prior experience in working with armed / ISR aircraft
• Understanding of Joint Pubs involving Close Air Support and JFIRE TTPs
• Experience with International Military Training / Cross Cultural communication preferred
• Combat Aviation Advisor experienced (multiple combat tours advising partner nations in Joint Fires and Integration preferred)
• Prior qualified US Military JTAC (Joint Terminal Attack Controller), TACP (Tactical Air Control Party) or Air Liaison Officer (ALO)
• Graduate of the Combat Aviation Advisor Qualification Course in the Air Liaison Officer (ALO) career field preferred
• This classification can be expected to perform in an office setting, flight line and airborne environments and requires a wide degree of flexibility within the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with these types of environments. May be required to stand for extended periods of time and / or lift objects whose weights exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
• The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US DOD Secret Security Clearance (TS/SCI preferred)
• Pre-employment drug testing and a medical exam administered by Grey Aviation
• Criminal history records check and a background check will be performed.
This position requires a current / active Secret US Security Clearance. US Citizenship is required as this position needs an active US Security Clearance for employment. Non-citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, and drug involvement.
To conform to US Government export regulations, applicant must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State.
Grey Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity or any other protected status pursuant to applicable local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret (TS/SCI preferred)
Travel: Yes, 75% of the Time
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Aircrew Life Support Equipment Manager - Ft Worth TX
Sensor Operator Instructor - Ft Worth TX
Director of Student Services Registrar - Ft Worth TX
Assistant Site Lead - Ft Worth TX
Instructor Pilot - Ft Worth TX
Aviation Program Site Lead - Ft Worth TX
Grey Aviation is a trusted provider of integrated air and ground solutions leveraging new technology and innovative ideas to develop customer tailored capabilities within a challenging global environment. Grey Aviation team members are experts in their fields and willing to operate in challenging environments. They typically have 10 to 20 years of experience in the United States military and have the highest appropriate civilian qualifications. Grey Aviation team members utilize the breadth of their experience to assist our clients reach their goals.