Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
Senior Subject Matter Expert / AC-208BEX Instructor Pilot
Destin, FL / Fort Worth, TX / Afghanistan
Grey Aviation is actively looking for senior, subject matter expert Instructor Pilot candidates who meet our high standards of aviator skills, safety, professionalism and customer focus. As the industry leader in armed aircraft training, operations, surveillance and support, Grey Aviation’s vision is to leverage new technology and innovative ideas to develop customer tailored capabilities within a challenging global environment.
Conducts flight test operations in accordance with DOD and FAA test plans. Plans tactical and operational pilot training evolutions encompassing a wide array of prospective student pilot (US and International Military) experience levels. Instructs students (in classroom, on ground and inflight) on the aircraft mission systems, ISR procedures, Night Vision Goggle procedures, weapon systems, and weapons employment. Advises and assists International Military Students as the partner nation stands up its own organic aviation capability. Conducts live fire training missions with USAF or International Military Students.
Additional duties include but are not limited to the following:Develops, exercises, manages, and updates aircraft systems, tactics and techniques, and aircraft employment courseware and curriculum. Develops and updates training scenarios. Uses subject matter expertise to provide inputs during Curriculum Design Reviews. Employees may be assigned other duties, as directed by management.
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all Grey Aviation and Governmental Policies, Procedures, and Compliance Regulations (internal and external).
· BA/BS in related field (MA/MS preferred)
· DLAB Score 110 (preferred)
· FAA Requirements:
· Commercial Single Engine Land Privileges (ATP preferred)
· Current FAA Flight Instructor Certificate or Military Flight Instructor Experience listed below (prefer both)
· 2nd Class Medical Certificate
· NVG Instructor Endorsement (preferred)
Flight Time Requirements:
· 1500 total flight hours (2000 total hours preferred)
· 1000 total hours Pilot In Command (1500 total hours preferred)
· 300 total time in a tactical rotary or fixed wing aircraft with a special mission, ISR, Attack, or Primary training mission
· 200 total C-208 hours (Preferred)
· Prior Special Operations Forces (SOF), training, armed and/or ISR aircraft experience as a military or civilian contract pilot
· 2 years minimum instructor pilot experience in the US Military or FAA CFI experience listed above (prefer both)
· Tactical Aviation Experience (preferred)
· Weapons Release Experience (preferred)
· NVG experience (preferred)
· Flight Test Experience (preferred)
· Experience in training International Military Students (preferred)
This position requires a current / active Secret US Security Clearance. US Citizenship is required as this position needs an active US Security Clearance for employment. Non-citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, and drug involvement.
To conform to US Government export regulations, applicant must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State.
Grey Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identify or any other protected status pursuant to applicable local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret (TS/SCI preferred)
Travel: Yes, 75+% of the Time
Please sign in to apply for this job.