Quality Control Inspector Anchorage AK Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $35.00 - $45.00
- Job ID
Quality Control Inspector AK job at Guardian Flight in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible to the Quality Assurance Manager for the performance of assigned duties and projects required to ensure compliance with the GMR quality assurance program and Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Monitors hangar maintenance events on company aircraft. Ensures quality of Maintenance, adherence to company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and safety.
• Verifies All inspections are properly performed records reports and forms are properly completed prior to releasing a product for return to service
• Coordinates with Maintenance Leads on project work scope ensures smooth work flow
• Provide guidance to company personnel on technical issues, records documentation
• Performs in process and completed work inspections on aircraft and equipment maintained ensuring only safe, quality products are released for return to service
• Monitor work order entries for accuracy to work performed and current job status.
• Verifies technical data used and documented by technicians is applicable and current
• Assists Tech Records with documenting aircraft historical records and maintenance tracking systems ensuring accuracy of data entered
• Assists technicians with completion of Major Repair and Alteration FAA form 337
• Monitors and provides assistance in management of Suspect Unapproved Parts program
• Performs audits to ensure quality of maintenance, adherence to company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and safety.
• Conducts audit debriefings with company personnel. Prepares accurate and timely reports of all audit findings for maintenance management
• Performs Vendor audits to verify DOT Drug Program compliance and proper certification for services provided to the company.
• Performs periodic aircraft audits to ensure continuing conformity. This will include but not limited to inspection of the aircraft, the aircraft records and status reports for accuracy and proper tracking of historical records.
• Performs periodic Airworthiness Directive searches, updates and maintains the software tracking program
• Provides oversight of the company tool calibration program. Assures all inspection tools and precision test equipment used on company aircraft are calibrated and tracking software is current
• Determines the effectiveness of internal company policies, procedures and regulatory compliance
• Reports quality and safety deficiency problems or trends to the Quality Assurance Manager and the Director of Maintenance
• Assists in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures to minimize quality and safety related deficiencies
• Serves as an on call Subject Matter Expert for Maintenance Related issues where specific guidance may be offered for the purpose of returning aircraft to an airworthy condition.
• Travel may be required
• Other duties may be assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager
• Perform other duties as assigned
• FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate
• FAA IA preferred
• Certificate of Completion of OEM Field Maintenance Courses, for company maintained aircraft and engines (able to be obtained at a later date)
• Minimum 5 years turbine Powered Airplane/Helicopter experience required
• Minimum 2 years with FAR Part 135 Operation. Quality Assurance preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Web based Inventory / Maintenance Tracking Systems, Internet, E-mail. | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Entails exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions
• Moderate exposure to routine office noises, electrical or mechanical hazards and frequent exposure to an aircraft hangar environment where the employee may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust particles and mechanical/electrical and chemical hazards.
• Work requires stooping, walking, grasping and repetitive motions
• Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work and observing general surrounds and activities.
• Continually required to perceive normal speaking levels with or without correction and have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
• Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
• Must be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, reason, and analyze.
• Special Requirements – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
• Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Manager of Quality Assurance
Interrelationships: Collaborates, with the QA Team, Inspectors, and other teams as needed.
If your passion is flying and you have the skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Guardian Flight Company Overview
Guardian Flight is a leading provider of air medical services, management, and experience in the air medical industry. Guardian Flight has developed a proven business model that allows our programs to experience success in caring for and transporting patients in rural area hospitals to large tertiary care facilities in metropolitan areas. We utilize the most advanced equipment, quality aircraft, and most importantly, trained and experienced staff to accomplish our mission of saving lives and caring for the communities we serve. Our fleet includes King Air 90 and 200, Pilatus PC-12, and Learjet. Our teams fly in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Minnesota, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Utah, Wyoming and Wisconsin.