LEARJET SIC WITH SIGN ON BONUS
- Juneau, Alaska
- Job ID
LEARJET SIC WITH SIGN ON BONUS job at Guardian Flight in Juneau AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Guardian Flight, Alaska’s premier air ambulance service, is seeking a Learjet SIC pilot to join our Fairbanks, Alaska team. Guardian Flight makes a difference in the lives of the patients and families we transport. We are dedicated to offering our employees a safe, challenging, professional and team-oriented working environment.
Our fleet includes King Air 90 and 200, Pilatus PC-12, and Learjet. Our teams fly in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Minnesota, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Utah, Wyoming and Wisconsin.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Full benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, long term and short term disability, and relocation assistance.
- Competitive starting salary
- $6,000 sign on bonus
- Additional pay on Holidays
- Commutable schedule-20 days on/10 days off
- Free company provided crew housing when on shift for commuters
- Prepare and review to include but not limited to; flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise control data, airport facilities, navigational aids, and more as assigned by PIC.
- Ensure proper aviation equipment is aboard the aircraft.
- Ensure required airworthiness inspections are complete and previous discrepancies have been corrected or properly deferred in accordance for that aircraft (as applicable).
- Assist PIC to complete the aircraft preflight inspection and perform preflight preparation.
- Assures proper loading, distributing, and security of patients and other passengers.
- Ensures provisions for passenger comfort and any special emergency equipment such as life vests are aboard (when required).
- Operate aircraft at favorable altitudes taking into account turbulence, oxygen requirements and comfort of the passengers during the flight.
- Assist the PIC with any company paperwork or processes related to aircraft operation and aircraft discrepancies.
- Assist the PIC to ensure that copies of any reports submitted to the FAA under the authority of FAR 135.19 are also submitted to the Director of Operations in a timely manner.
- Must be highly knowledgeable of the Company General Operations Manual, General Maintenance Manual, FAA Regulations, Aircraft Flight Manuals, and all other material pertinent to duties.
- The Second in Command shall perform those duties stipulated throughout the General Operations Manual and specific responsibilities designated to the Second in Command by the company and the Pilot in Command.
- Assists in the safe and efficient operation of the flight.
- Must be proficient in duties such as:
- System monitoring
- Fuel management
- Weight and balance
- Aircraft performance
- Record keeping
- Will advise the Pilot in Command of any abnormality during ground or flight operations.
• Commercial Certificate
• Current Medical Certificate (2nd class at least)
• 2000 Hours Total Time
• 1000 Hours PIC
• 500 Hours Multi Engine
• 250 Hours Turbine
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Demonstrated Instrument Proficiency in Company simulator
• Previous EMS experience
• ATP Certificate
• Learjet 35/36 or similar flight time
• Alaska experience
Guardian Flight Company Overview
Guardian Flight is a leading provider of air medical services, management, and experience in the air medical industry. Guardian Flight has developed a proven business model that allows our programs to experience success in caring for and transporting patients in rural area hospitals to large tertiary care facilities in metropolitan areas. We utilize the most advanced equipment, quality aircraft, and most importantly, trained and experienced staff to accomplish our mission of saving lives and caring for the communities we serve. Our fleet includes King Air 90 and 200, Pilatus PC-12, and Learjet. Our teams fly in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Minnesota, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Utah, Wyoming and Wisconsin.